Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sick as a Dog, Giddy as a Schoolgirl

While the temperature I had has disappeared this cold persists. I feel as if I'm wearing a nose clip that is making it difficult to breathe normally. My voice has that tone you get when you have a stuffed up nose and food has no taste.
Just last night I was up all night with fits of sneezing and coughing and the inability to breathe through my nose and when I tried to breathe through the mouth the sneezing began. It was a battle of cold versus mind and unfortunately the cold won with a whopping no hours of sleep til 9am this morning when I won over 4 hours of sleep! Yup an amazingly short 4 hours and while I feel awake my body feels like crap.
So I guess you could say I am still sick as a dog! But what does that really mean anyways? How can you be sick as a dog if that dog is healthy? why not sick as a cat? I mean who really likes cats anyways? It's not like they can go for walks with you and have a fun time playing tug of war!!!
And yet, as I sit here feeling crappy during my last full day of spring break before I'm back at the mount ready for the last stretch of the semester I can't help but feel giddy! Why is that you may ask?
Well, to tell the truth, I feel at home when I'm there on that mount! The girls on my floor are some of the most amazingly mature and beautiful young women an RA could ask to have on one floor. I miss my family of college women who make me smile each morning I wake up. That is why you could say I am giddy as a schoolgirl. I get to see my other half of the A-Team (a coined nickname for me and one of my besties) and I get to see Libby (lemondrop) who is, and will always be like family to me! That girl completes me even if she doesn't always know it or feel appreciated, she is one of those forces in my life that holds me up and keeps me moving each day!
And of course, it is near the end of the semester where I get to finish up all those exams and papers and just pray for passing grades before I move on to the final year of college and to the next beginning of a new trail of life.
It's only March, but any college student can tell you that as soon as Spring break is over, there is only a short sprint left til the end of the year. And while the family we have at school will be missed suring those summer months, there is always that giddiness one feels as the next year approaches.
That said, I may be sick as a dog, but I am definitely giddy as a schoolgirl as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment