Thursday, August 26, 2010

Senior Year!!!!!

SENIOR YEAR!!!!!!!!

This my friends is my final year of attending college as an undergrad! I put it this way simply because I have no ideas yet of what my future will hold, but there's no doubt that a book lover like me who loves sitting in a classroom learning from others can stay away for too long. I am sure that I will end up in grad school at some point down the road (though definitely not right away). I know that sounds strange. Book lover? Loves sitting in a classroom? HECK YES! I am definitely a geek, a weirdo, put it however you may. I just find something exhilerating about walking into a classroom and learning new information from someone who knows their stuff! Why wouldn't you want to learn from others so that you too may one day be able to teach someone else?

So my senior year. I've finally reached it and am celebrating it by being more outgoing and random as ever before. As my friend/boss put it: I've acquired a bit of SASSINESS! I accept this comment because I know that it just means I am putting myself out there. I am trying not to fear the unknown and trying not to care what others think. You see, I am an upperclassmen (or woman) and I feel it is my duty as such, to show the new freshmen that you can step out of your comfort zone. You can try something new. And maybe, just maybe, they may find themselves where I am now. A senior who has come a long way from that shy, quiet freshmen who stepped onto Mount Mercy College's campus and has become a more confident, skilled, and accepting/outgoing woman as I get ready to embark on my final year at what is now Mount Mercy University.

I am a proud mustang. I am a loving daughter, friend, and fellow student. I am an RA who loves the opportunity to be there for the new students. I am a sister who loves her siblings and misses them more and more everyday. I am an aunt who cares deeply for each of my nephews and would give anything to be able to hold them and give them a great big hug. I am a person who loves to give hugs. I am a psychology and sociology major who will be starting internships this year along with working on a senior thesis each semester. I am unsure of what my future holds. I am unsure of whether I want to work with troubled teens or explore a career in Christian counseling.

I am ME.

Senior year, I'm ready!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment